In Kenya, mobile payments have become the standard, with a large portion of the population adopting them as their preferred method of payment. As a result, numerous businesses have applied for Mpesa till numbers in order to give better service to their consumers.
Did you know that you can use the Buy Goods till number to perform other business transactions? Not only does it allow you to accept sales payments, but it also allows you to transfer cash from your Mpesa Account to any bank account in Kenya. Meaning all your business transactions can be completed at the same time you are receiving a sale payment.
To obtain a till number, you must meet certain requirements.
· Copy of identification documents of persons opening the account i.e. Document ID (Passport/Alien ID/Military ID) Front
· Copy of identification documents of persons opening the account i.e. Document ID (Passport/Alien ID/Military ID) Back
For sole proprietors
· Copy of Business Certificate of Registration orBusiness Permit
· Copy of identification documents of persons opening the account i.e. Document ID (Passport/Alien ID/Military ID) Frontside
· Copy of identification documents of persons opening the account i.e. Document ID (Passport/Alien ID/Military ID) Backside
· KRA PIN
For a limited company
· Company KRA PIN Certificate
· Annual Returns with filling receipt
· Cancelled cheque or letter from bank stating company bank details
· Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
· Copy of CR12 – Validity of 90 days (3 months) orrecent
· Copy of directors’ National ID or Passport –Back
· Copy of directors’ National ID or Passport –Front
· Filled, stamped or sealed resolution letter signed by Directors of the company
· Kenyan Director KRA PIN Certificate
How to Get Mpesa TillNumber for Your Business: A Step-by-Step Guide
Complete the Mpesa till number application on the Safaricom Self Onboarding portal:
On the site, click Apply Now.
Choose between M-PESA Business Till (Buy Goods Till) andM-PESA Short Term Paybill. Choose between an individual, a sole proprietorship,or a limited liability corporation.
On your current Safaricom number or the number you gave when applying, you will receive the till number and store number through SMS (nominated number)
From the same Self On boarding page, download the Lipa Na Mpesa sticker.
Dial *234# to activate the Business until.
Start transacting after changing your PIN.
On the nominated phone, you will begin receiving payment notifications made to the till.
How to activate Mpesatill number for your business
1. Dial *234# from the designated phone number
2. Choose option 2: M-PESA Business Till and enter the store number (One received on SMS)
3. Select Yes.
4. Terms and Conditions must be accepted.
How to change pin forMpesa till number for your business
1. Dial *234# from the nominated number
2. Select option 2 - M-PESA Business Till
3. Enter your Store number
4. Select option 5 - Account Services
5. Select option 1 - Change PIN
6. Enter operator ID (Check the SMS received from M-PESA SMS with start key)
7. Enter old PIN (which is the start key on SMS from M-PESA)
8. Enter New PIN (Create your own secret PIN)
9. Confirm new PIN (Repeat your own secret PIN)
The new charges for Mpesa till number for your business
It isn't hard to see why Mpesa till numbers have become so popular in Kenya. Mobile payments are convenient for many customers, and businesses that offer them can gain a competitive advantage over rivals that don't. With these benefits, it's no surprise that Mpesa till numbers are gaining popularity throughout the country.
Have you recently sold a goods and require payment via Mpesa? You can distribute your invoices to your clients using Lipana and get paid more quickly. Sign up for free today and get started.